Wednesday, August 14, 2013

ITS ALIVEEEEEE!!!!!

Soo sorry about last week (and the missing blog) mum and I have been watching movies so much it's not funny.. well maybe it is if you are watching spoofs and comedies.

But we have been studying Frankenstein. You know the one: That man who's made out of other men and goes on a rampage killing family members of Viktor Frankenstein? Yea good you know who I'm talking about. Well we decided to watch three of the Frankenstein films: Young Frankenstein (a spoof from 1974), the 1931 Frankenstein (B&W) and the newer one from 1994 called Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. But the story of Frankenstein is  200 years old it was written in 1813 by Mary Shelley and it is considered to be the first book that was a science fiction story!. so when we watched this movie, we did some research and found that there were 5 parts that were censored in the 1931 film. One of most amazing ones was a part when the creature becomes alive and Viktor says "It's ALIVE! Now I know what it fells like to be God" They kept the It's ALIVE part and the rest was banned from the film from 1931 to 1999 because Americans considered it so horrible it was considered blasphemy. I decided to get some pictures to compare the directors and make up artists' interpretations of the Creature!
Robert DeNiro in 1994 (do you recognise him as the dad from Meet the Fockers?)

 Peter Boyle in 1974 (do you recognise him from Everyone loves Raymond?)

Boris Karloff in 1931 (do you just recognise him?)

Yesterday I stayed a whole day at Kuranui College for open day and, I LOVED IT. It was awesome we did different classes science, cooking, English, dance (was rubbish at it), and ART. My favorite class was Science the teacher was really enthusiastic and made me want to study even more! We had to figure out the PH of different chemicals and use the universal answer to which makes the chemicals change different colours and then we had to match the colours on the charts that he gave us! It was awesome and he taught us the difference between bases and acids. So basically if a bee stings you it puts a vast amount of bases under skin and erodes it away, but if you put vinegar on it which is an acid it attacks the base and makes it hurt less. Two things I will miss about homeschool is the freedom of being able to do what you to and study the things you like, and most of all I'll miss Bam my dog and her snoring.

An interesting link I had sent to me from Mum, where does she find this stuff???, was a bunch of photos of faces in everyday objects. This got me thinking about taking the camera out and going for a walk and seeing if I can find some. So if you find any faces in objects send them to me at my email, and I will post what I find and what you find. The link is http://www.boredpanda.com/objects-with-faces/

So now I'm moving on from studying sci-fi films to studying fantasy films. Toodles The-O

No comments:

Post a Comment