Thursday, August 1, 2013

Cinematastic

Hi everybody and welcome back to the School Cave for Term 3.

This term I am up to my eyeballs in movies... I am doing film study and investigating GENRE (say it like this with a french accent: ZAAAHN RAH) This means that I have a good reason to eat popcorn everyday and watch movies. Yeah that's school....

This is definitely ☆☆☆☆☆. Star Wars is the best movie in the world (well 6 movies) and I have loved this since I was about 7. I think I could be Chewbacca (a small one).

Seriously I am investigating science fiction especially and so far have come up with about 8 sub-genres and I am also writing some pitches for new movies and thinking about how movies are connected to each other. Like I am comparing Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.
The best Sci-Fi Comedy: just so funny especially when Paul appears naked on the dashboard. I give it ☆☆☆☆☆
So to get into this, I started this week by watching lots of different movies: Paul, Sunshine, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Cloverfield, Titan-AE, Young Guns, and next week I'm watching Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy, Apollo 13, Nine, and what ever else I can fit in. I LOVE MOVIES! Star Wars is my all time favourite and Dad and I have watched the whole 2 trilogies lots of times.
This was a new one, a save the Earth sci-fi. It has 2 different endings. I rate it ☆☆☆☆
What I think so far about Science Fiction: I love the creativity of the technology and gadgets, I love the idea of the Robot companion, and the alien sort freaks me out, especially the real ALIEN, I like how directors and writers and makeup people can create such a variety of creatures and make them so believable. I think science fiction helps us undertsand some big ideas about being human and the impact we have on the world. But also how we can create amazing things with our minds and hands.

This is an alien invasion movie and uses a hand held camera- caution shaky and dizzy. Did you know that if you watch the ending scene closely you can spot the alien splashing down into the ocean in the background in the top right corner of the screen. I give it ☆☆☆☆
So this term I'm gonna rate movies for you and I hope you can suggest some movies I should watch. See you at the movies The-O.
I think there is a sub-genre that I call medical/cloning sort of like Frankenstein where the characters get their biology changed. This movie explains how the Planet of the Apes started so it's a prequel. The actor Andy Sircus who did Gollum is the main character Caesar and he does it in a motion capture suit. The digital work was done here in NZ by Weta Workshop. I rate this ☆☆☆☆☆.

No comments:

Post a Comment