Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Interview with my Mum about Minecraft

Greetings- today we bring you an interview between myself and my mum. I am teaching her how to play Minecraft. This has been quite an experiment....

Theo:What got you interested in Minecraft? and why did you want to play it?

 Mum: Well you got me interested because I heard you talk about it and then you showed it to me on the big screen at Game Masters exhibit. I wanted to learn to play because I wanted to understand why this digital world gets a hold on your brain. I wanted to see if I could learn.

Theo: What has been your favorite part so far?

Mum: I love the creativity, especially selecting building materials but what I really love is FLYING!!! I also love how you have set up tasks for me. What do you think about my progress? What has made you roll your eyes behind my back?

Theo: When you keep on falling off your builds lol. I think your are improving well and I think you need to become better at moving around . I would also like to ask would you be interested in making a minecraft schoolcave background?

Mum: Hey that's a great idea. I am getting better... I laugh when I fall down too. But the idea of a school cave background is cool. Do you think other kids should teach their mums Minecraft? What's been your favourite part about being the teacher?

Theo: well yea sure other kids should teach their mum Minecraft. But I think it would be better if teachers knew how to do it as well so then they could set up more interesting and captivating classes.
I think the background will be a good cooperative thing to do. And my favorite part of teaching you has been seeing your face when something exciting happens like TNT exploding.

Mum: That's funny, I have gotten excited about some things, and I get scared of some of that underground stuff. I guess I am surprised at how real it all feels when I'm actually in the worlds we create. I even dreamed about creating a spring for my temple/hut.

Theo: That was the interview, hope you enjoyed reading about what we have been getting up to on Minecraft.






1 comment:

  1. Cool interview my people. I'm deeply impressed at the interest and progress Chan has made with this really cool game. I know I couldn't do any of this stuff. It's been awesome to watch the cooperation between you, and for Theo to become the teacher - and a pretty darn good one too! I'm still back in the days of Space Invaders. Maybe we can get that on some platform and I'll show you how much I suck at it lol. Dee.

    ReplyDelete