Tuesday, November 26, 2013

LAST BLOG EVER!!! :( Post 100!

Hello everyone, as you may know from the title, this is the  last blog from the School Cave. I have been at homeschool for 3 years, and I will start college in February yay... (nervous face) This is the 100th post and seems like good place to stop :) I have thought back through the three years and I have come up with my top 20 moments of Homeschooling. Well here ya go 

TOP 20 COUNTDOWN:

20. SOUTH ISLAND TRIPOMUNDO: This is me in front of Fox Glacier.
19. GETTING MORE CONFIDENT AT MATHS: I am no longer afraid of maths and actually really like statistics.
18. GETTING A MAP OF THE WORLD AND A TIMELINE OF HISTORY IN MY HEAD: I can now identify where and when things are and happen and this makes me a better traveler. And if I ever want to be a pilot I'm ready.
17. GEOLOGY AND ROCK HUNTING: This is me at The Pinnacles. I understand the Earth now ... it is all so clear!
16. LEARNING TO SWIM WELL: Has made me feel more confident in the water and able to jump off the docks in Samoa.
15. READING NOVELS ALOUD AND HAVING READING DAYS: We read 1000s of books and Mum did a great job of reading so many series aloud. Artemis Fowl, Barnaby Grimes, Airborn, Beak of the Moon, The Dragonkeeper, Airman, etc. etc. etc.
14. BUILDING THE FLYING FOX: This took 3 terms and was an awesome project.
13. STUDYING ZOOLOGY: I learned so much about bears, whales, the Galapagos Islands, dogs, and special thanks to my favourite narrator, David Attenborough, and his documentaries.
12. TEACHING MUM ABOUT MINECRAFT: This was a very tough experience but I think she understands me better. And symmetry is important!!!
11. LEARNING ABOUT ARCHERY: This day we went to the park and shot zombies (balloons).
10. WELLINGTON DAYS: The city was our classroom and we ruled it like kings!
9. BEAR NIGHT: This was so much fun sharing all the projects about bears with Dad and creating the special Bear Night Menu.
8. TINKERING: This is me in Carlucci Land, thinking about tinkering. Looking for parts and making new things was one of the ways I found to express my creativity.
7. GARDENING AND LANDSCAPING: I learned to make my ideas and plans be real. The ferns and cactus and vegetables and flowers and the Dragon Garden and the tire planters - I love getting my hands in the dirt. And digging holes!
6. COOKING: Eating stuff that you have freshly made is delicious. And I discovered curry and got brave about tasting new things.
5. CARTOONING AND DRAWING DESIGN PLANS: This is another way I've learned to express my ideas and show what's in my head.

4. THE TRIP TO THE STEAMPUNK FESTIVAL IN OAMARU: Best camp ever- top hats, Mythbusters, Jucy Van, awesome creations, fun people and a yellow eyed penguin!
3. LEARNING WITH MY DOG EVERYDAY: Homeschool was also a great thing for Bam because she got to be with us all day most days. I love having her around. She listened to the novels, followed me in the garden and worked well in small groups!
2. TRIP TO CANADAAAAAA: I went to Canada for 6 weeks with my mum and my sister. I saw so much and will always remember visiting the Farm , losing the camera in Bay of Fundy, and getting my Papa's top hat.
1.5. THE BLOG: Writing this has meant that I can share what I do with my family and friends and lots of other people I've never met. The statistics are really cool because I've had hits from all over the world.
1.0. FREEDOM: The School Cave has meant that I can be myself, learn about things I'm passionate about, and be free to eat noodles in bed, while doing research on the ipad. I might miss this but I think college will be an adventure, even for a year... or two.

1 comment:

  1. Theo, I have enjoyed your blog sooo much. I have really enjoed your passion! I will miss this. Best of times for you at college. They are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete