Thursday, February 28, 2013

DRAGONSss and GARDENS (even minature ones)

This week we have finished our favorite TV series Wild Colombia about some of the rarest and most unique animals that belong to Colombia, its full of facts and people wrestling boa constrictors and even  caimans that made mom jump through the roof-tehehe...I did some research on the huge numbers of hummingbirds that live in Colombia-some have such cool names like emerald-bellied puffleg

We have been working really hard in the garden and on the DESIGN BOOKS! We are planning on making a miniature dragon garden so we are probably going to finish it halfway through term 2. This is at the planning stages, I think I will need an area about 3m by 2 m. It is going to have a pond and big rocks and a cave for my awesome dragon collection. I am also going to get some carpet moss and other cool plants to make it look amazing. We are reading the Dragonkeeper series by Carole Wilkinson.


Just a short poll thing: it seems that most people have voted for TREEHOUSE as the place they'd like to go read. Treehouses are very cool I agree. We watched a documentary about people in Papau that build these houses WAYYYYY up in ironwood trees. Mom kept worrying about the babies falling out, but they didn't.
Me and my new Ukelele

 I have decided to take up the the instrument UKELELE.  It's awesome and dad and i are learning together, I am also the proud owner of a new hardwood ukelele. Do you have advice for a beginner?

CAUTION: VERY HOT!!!
They are gonna go red for my curry
It has been very hot and so my pepper bushes are loaded. Soon it will be time to empty my potato buckets too. We got heaps of tomaters and the corn was great. The birds sort of attacked our nashi pear tree.

a sunflower see fell off the bird feeder and started growing all by itself!
Here is a great video about balloon animals- LOL. Balloon Animals go Wild!

Talley ho The-O

1 comment:

  1. Your gardens look way better than mine ever do. What's your secret to gardening success?

    I never played the Ike but when learning guitar, the hard part was not the music but building the callouses on my fingertips! Ouch.

    ReplyDelete